Quick Steps To Use This Tool:
- Type in current/previous job "title" and choose (click on) a best match "official" title for that job (required)
- Type in current or optimal salary (required). The search won't return jobs that earn significantly less than the annual wage you enter here.
- Select a state (optional)
How can you use the resulting list of occupations?
The trip time is a relative measure to help weigh alternatives. A user can select either a long list of potential occupations or a short list of occupations by clicking on the differently colored tabs.
- You'll see a list appear after you click "submit." These are occupations with the least amount of trip time (in terms of skills attainment) from your current job to this "destination" job.
- The first tab shows occupations for which you may have a head start—the trip time is shortest. The other tabs have occupations ranging from short to long trip times.
- For a brief description of the occupation title, click on the "Detail" link.
- For more information about the destination occupation (e.g., whether the job is in high demand or is considered a green job), click on the actual occupation title to get a report.